Did you miss me? Did you even realize I was gone? Pretty sure people at my office yesterday didn’t. But whatev…
It was a great holiday weekend with the fam. And while I could probably go on for DAYS about my weekend, we’ll just be nice and give you a bulleted list instead.
1. My drive down to Missouri on Friday went swimmingly. I stopped in St. Louis for the night on Friday to break up the trip. And to also see a few of my college girls.Turns out we’re getting to that point where we can’t read the menu by candlelight anymore. This saddened and scared us all.
2. I offered to make a side for dinner on “Easter Eve”. Since asparagus is very much in season and is a good healthy addition, that’s what I went with.Yes, holiday weekends with my family often include lasagna. I don’t eat ham and my parents always fret about having enough of “the main”. So we got ham AND lasagna. Don’t mock it. We’re making it the new “thing”. Tell your friends.
3. Candy coma happens after half a bag of mini Robin’s Eggs. You know the ones with the whopper in the middle? Yeah- those. Half a bag. Give or take about 20. I wasn’t counting.
4. I am now sick of said candy. This surely won’t last long. But in the mean time, I could really go for a salad… Or really, anything green by nature and not with a chocolate center.
5. It’s not a trip back to the hometown without a stop in the one and only bar in town to catch up with some old friends.Ashlee and I wanted to best try to communicate the atmosphere of the bar for you peeps. We decided the hunting scenes on wood paneling in one part of the bar/restaurant would be the most accurate description.
One day someone will find it sexy. One day…
6. Someone needs to create an app that tells you the best-rated stops along interstates. The factors would include best gas prices, bathroom cleanliness, and best selection of fast food.
Someone steal this idea from me. I’m technologically inadequate but really need this app. I’ve failed at picking good exits more often than not.
It’s nothing short of a miracle I haven’t contracted a virus by stepping into some of those restrooms.
7. I didn’t end up doing the Jillian dvds like I thought I would. Mostly because of the candy coma (discussed above). However, because the weather was so nice, I ventured out for short runs twice over the weekend. One of which ended with a walk with my parents.
It takes about 3 laps around the town to get in 2 miles. Not kidding.
I also learned people will slow down and try to figure out who you are as you’re running if you haven’t come back often over the last 4(ish) years. Awkward waving was involved. They probably still haven’t figured out who I am.
8. I learned to never wash my car before going home again. If it wasn’t the alternative route home taken due to construction (I chose the narrow/curvy/scary route vs the county gravel roads where it is completely possible to get lost for days), it was the large puddle I slammed into as soon as I pulled into the driveway. Crap.
With that, I hope you all also had a great weekend with friends and family.
Filed under: Random Rants, Travel Randomness | Tagged: checks and balances over the holidays, Easter, fitness, healthy lifestyle, holiday weekend, I love chocolate, Missouri weekend, running, weird holiday meals | 23 Comments »