Sometimes you just need to indulge. Or all the time. Either/or.
I prefer to discuss it in a list of bullet points (i.e. it’s the weekend and my attention span is low).
- Indulgence purchase of the week? My new pillow. I call it a late birthday present to myself. It’s quilted. It’s down (ahem- down alternative). It was $10 (WOAH, big spender…). It’s all about the cheap thrills, my friends. And no, I will not share it. MINE.
- It was another long week in the world of Amy and her friends. We had a girls night planned, but because of a series of unfortunate events, it came down to just me and Mon. She was also having a rough week (what is the deal???), and a dinner in with wine on a nice Friday evening wasn’t going to cut it.Sometimes bar food is what the doctor ordered. Especially when I’ve been loading up on the garden vegetables all week (seriously- who needs sweet corn? I think it’s repopulating in our refrigerator…).And you’re crazy if you think we had bar food without beer. Come ON, people!
- I’ve also been indulging in some serious “me time” on the lakefront. My coworker and I had plans to run together. But on a day where I’m getting out 30 minutes early and he’s staying an hour late? Yeah… I’m gonna go ahead and call it- I’m running solo as soon as I get home. So I did. Selfish? Maybe a little. But he didn’t mind. I didn’t get the 6 miles in that we had planned, but 5.1 was still a decent solo attempt.
- Because I have no intention of wasting away inside an office for the lingering days of summer, I randomly asked for next Friday off. There may or may not be other reasons this particular day was chosen (oooohhhhh I’m giggling like a school girl), and I could not be more excited just to have a lazy day off.
- Sleeping in was NOT an indulgence I participated in this morning (sadness- work is ruining me), but to make up for it, I used this post as an inspiration for the
dessertfrench toast that happened for breakfast.
You may think, “geez Amy, candy for breakfast? Talk about no self control….”
I say, “yeah, this was the last of the bag of reese’s from my baking efforts a couple of weeks ago. And this may be the longest span of time a bag of candy has lasted in my household. Truth.”
We’re just gonna go ahead and pat ourselves on the back for that one.
That previously mentioned coworker and I are trying to get a run together this morning, so I should probabaly be off.
But you can bet anything I’ll be indulging in a nap afterwards.
I DID get up way too early, after all.