How is it that by the time Friday comes around, I am sooooo POOPED?
Fighting the daily urge to collapse face-down into a snow drift is, like, super hard, guysssss.
But we made it. And those snow piles are slowly starting to melt. Life will continue on!
And do you know what I planned for this crazy St. Patty’s weekend?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Other than taking my boyfriend’s niece out to lunch. But they didn’t serve green beer at the restaurant we went to. I checked.
It never hurts to ask.
I didn’t mind being lame, though. It was a welcome change. Because this was the one and only weekend I had that didn’t have people coming in or trips to visit other people. Rest. Recharge. Prepare myself for the weeks of crazy. I’m excited. And now I’m ready.
If you are ever in need of a weekend of recharge and reset, I suggest the following:
1. Redbox. And since my boyfriend went out, I got to pick ALL THE GIRLY THINGS to watch. I’m looking at you, new Rachel McAdams romantic comedy.
2. Wine. Because isn’t every work week a long one?
3. Sushi. Because I suppose if you’re going to go the untraditional St. Patty’s weekend route, you really have to go ALL OUT.
4. Running. 5 miles to be exact. Not that it is something COMPLETELY out of the norm, but it’s the milestone run that marks the beginning of weekend long runs. Some lunges via Jillian also happened. I enjoy taking her 7-circuit “No More Trouble Zones” strength training dvd and breaking them into 2-3 circuit workouts to add on to my normal gym routine. Because I don’t have the attention span for much more than that. We’ve already discussed this, though. Anyway…
5. Reading. We’re reading “The Signature of All Things” for one of my book clubs. I’m not even able to attend this one, but I’m a big enough nerd to still keep up with the reading. And this one is a long one. IN IT TO WIN IT.
Oh… did I mention that one already?
Well… you get my point.