Hey kids. Sorry I’ve been missing for a few days. I promise I’ll be back to normal soon! :)
I had a great weekend with my college girls and friends downtown in Chicago this last weekend. Pretty much everything that could go wrong did. But that’s ok- it still turned out to be one of the best birthday weekends!
Here’s a quick rundown of what happened. Feel free to laugh a bit, I know we did…
- My friends hit every single traffic jam in the state of Illinois to get here. This put them over two hours behind schedule.
- We missed our first train into the city because of said traffic. The train we did catch was a half hour late. Original plans were to get checked in at the hotel around 6:00. We got to the room by 10:30.
- It rained like CRAZY all Friday night. Any time spent on hair and makeup was pretty much wasted. But we still had a great time.
- We ended up staying at Allerton Hotel after doing name your price on Priceline. It was a GREAT location on North Michigan Avenue. Although us three girls did get stuck with one bed (when we requested doubles). Good thing we really like each other. And no one has horrible morning breath.
- We didn’t go watch the Cards/Cubs game in Wrigleyville. But I did hit a sale on some killer boots at Zara.
- It was country night at Rockwood Place (our planned destination) on Saturday night. If you know me, you’ll know how much I dislike country music. We relocated quickly to Red Ivy before my guy friends also got there.
- My friend Mary’s toe was smashed and she may lose the toenail.
- Do NOT open the mini refrigerator at the hotel without reading the sign. You will get charged for doing so.
- Do NOT carelessly keep your clutch under your arm unzipped. It will fall onto the dance floor and you will almost lose all of your prized possessions without even realizing it. Thank goodness my friends are good at dance floor scavenger hunts.
- My car wouldn’t start once we got back to the burbs. One of the reasons why I’ve been MIA- AAA coming to jumpstart it and tell you that you need to replace the battery does take more time than you’d prefer.
- I dropped my phone and a piece popped off again. But I did find it back. Phone still works (whew).
- My cable and internet weren’t working when I got home. This leads to a very long phone call and arguing with the customer service rep that I can’t update my info on my account online because I can’t actually get online. Idiot…
- Random weekends lead to random eating. Stuffing five mini cupcakes into my face at 3:00 in the morning should be mentioned here… along with an unaccounted for number of Kit Kat fun size bars. I’m trying to figure out how I can justify this as carb loading.
- Do not say “I don’t care, whatever shot you want to buy.” It will lead to chugging an Irish Car Bomb. Disgusting.
Anyways, that was my weekend in less than 500 words. Trust me, it was exhausting. But I loved every minute. I have wonderful friends. And I love them all very very much. They are too good to me. And kept me from diving into the birthday blues or a quarter life crisis. Thank you all!
Any tips for the routine I’ll be going through the week before? Training/eating/etc?